Tuesday, May 25, 2021

A query from Michael C

I received an email with an inquiry about someone' own family history:

"My name is Michael C---,and I have been doing family research and have come to learn my grand-uncle was somewhat of a fixture at your family's restaurant (Kings Hwy). His name was Louis (or Lloyd) but was known to everyone around as "The Goose". What I have heard from multiple sources is that he was always at your family's restaurant and people would come there to meet him, seeking favors and/or money. This side of my family has been a blackhole to me, and while I have made some strides, there is still so much about some of these people I don't know. With The Goose in particular, given his "occupation", I have to get creative in trying to gather information. I was wondering if there was any chance you may have heard any family stories or anything else about him. There was a Mel L. who was an associate of his that also hung around there. Anything you may be willing to share would be greatly helpful and immensely appreciated! Thank you for your time.Respectfully, Michael Cohen" 

Can anyone help Mr. Cohen out?  Anyone heard about "The Goose" - a regular at the King's Highway Dubrow's?

No comments: